Check out what’s happening on the farm!
Jazz Blueberry Farm 7223 W Grant Rd Shelby, MI 49455
REGISTER ONLINE HERE!https://runsignup.com/Race/MI/Shelby/JazzBlueberryTrailRun5KRunWalkKids1MileFunRun" rel="noopener" target="_blank">
COME. RUN. WALK. CELEBRATE.
LIMITED TO 200 5K participants!!!!!
5K Run/Walk 8:30 am - $40
1-Mile Fun Run 10:00 am - $3...
Jazz Blueberry Farm 7223 W Grant Rd Shelby, MI 49455
CLOSED MONDAY-WEDNESDAY FOR MAINTENANCE!
Thurs, Fri, Saturday - 9 am to 6pm
Sundays - 12:30- 6 pm
Self-service hours ~ please call to make an appointment.
Please call to ask a question or place an order.
Check out whats going on at the farm!
Your support and contributions will enable us to meet our goals and improve conditions. Your generous donation will fund our mission.
At Jazz Blueberries, we strive to provide the highest quality, best tasting blueberries in a socially responsible manner, utilizing environmentally sensitive farming methods. This approach to farming has sustained our farm for generations with the Andrews Family and now our family is blessed to have taken over this family-owned tradition. We want to provide you with superior quality fruit.
We would love the opportunity to satisfy your appetite for fresh-from-the-farm blueberries that You Pick or We Pick at our farm near the Silver Lake Sand Dunes in Shelby, MI or sell at certain local farm markets including New Era, Hart, and Pentwater. Not only do Jazz Blueberries taste delicious, but blueberries are considered to be a “super fruit” due to their extensive health benefits. Make Jazz Blueberries a must-have this summer! Our harvest season normally runs from early July through early September.
This summer we plan to be opened everyday EXCEPT MONDAYS & TUESDAYS 9-6 and SUNDAYS 12-6.
PLEASE CALL IN ADVANCE TO PRE-ORDER pre-picked berries and flower bouquets 734-649-6351
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR OUR ANNUAL RUN/WALK ON JULY 31st.
Sign up for the Jazz Blueberry Trail Run/Walk on July 31 and pick for only $1/Lb after the event. Click below for details:
We are also growing and selling many other seasonal fruits and vegetables. Please call us if you'd like to buy fresh local sweet corn, sweet cherries, peaches, apple and beautiful cut flowers! We are also selling blueberry blossom honey pollinated right here on our farm and local handmade soaps.
Please contact us via email, call or text 734-649-6351 if you'd like to purchase any of the above seasonally!
The full list of over 250 canning, freezing, drying directions is here:http://www.pickyourown.org/allaboutcanning.htm
How to make raspberry jam: http://www.pickyourown.org/raspberryjam.htm
· How to make berry jams, (mixed, strawberry, raspberry, blackberry, loganberry, mixed berry, etc.): http://www.pickyourown.org/jam.htm
· How to make mango-raspberry jam: http://www.pickyourown.org/mangoraspberryjam.htm
· How to freeze berries: http://www.pickyourown.org/freezingblueberries.htm
· How to make raspberry syrup: http://www.pickyourown.org/blueberrysyrup.htm
· How to make raspberry-chipotle sauce: http://www.pickyourown.org/raspberry_chipotle_sauce.htm
· How to make raspberry vinaigrette: http://www.pickyourown.org/raspberry_viniagrette.php
· How to can berries: http://www.pickyourown.org/blueberries_canning.htm
· How to can berry juices: http://www.pickyourown.org/canning_fruit_juice.php
· How to make homemade icecream with your berries: http://www.pickyourown.org/allaboutcanning.htm#icecream
How to make strawberry jamhttp://www.pickyourown.org/strawberryjam.htm (which, bythe way, is number one in Google for a search on “how to make strawberry jam” seehttp://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=how+to+make+strawberry+jam&btnG=Search so it is obviously VERY popular!).
· How to make Strawberry-rhubarb jam: http://www.pickyourown.org/rhubarb_strawberry_jam.php
· How to make fig-strawberry jam: http://pickyourown.org/fig_strawberry_jam.htm
· How to make strawberry jelly: http://pickyourown.org/strawberryjelly.htm
· How to freeze strawberries: http://www.pickyourown.org/strawberries_freezing.htm
· How to can strawberries: http://pickyourown.org/strawberries_canning.php
· How to make strawberry pie filling: http://pickyourown.org/strawberrypiefilling.htm
· Strawberry picking tips: http://www.pickyourown.org/strawberries.htm
· Strawberry facts: http://www.pickyourown.org/strawberryfacts.htm
· How to make strawberry-rhubarb pie: http://pickyourown.org/rhubarbstrawberrypie.htm
· List of strawberry festivals in the US, Canada, UK: http://www.pickyourown.org/strawberryfestivals.php
How to make blueberry jam http://www.pickyourown.org/blueberryjam.htm,
· How to freeze blueberries http://www.pickyourown.org/freezingblueberries.htm, and
· World’s best and easiest blueberry pie http://www.pickyourown.org/blueberrypie.php
· Blueberry Facts, Picking Tips, Canning Directions and Recipes: http://www.pickyourown.org/blueberries.htm
· How to Can Blueberries: http://www.pickyourown.org/blueberries_canning.htm
· How to make blueberry jelly: http://www.pickyourown.org/blueberryjelly.htm
· How to make and can blueberry syrup (it works for strawberries, raspberries and blackberries, too): http://www.pickyourown.org/blueberrysyrup.htm
· How to make home-canned blueberry pie filling to use later: http://www.pickyourown.org/blueberrypiefilling.htm
· How to make blueberry butter: http://www.pickyourown.org/blueberrybutter.htm
· Blueberry buckle coffee cake: illustrated directions for this great crumb-topping blueberry coffee cake: http://www.pickyourown.org/blueberrycc.htm
Centennial Farms are a vanishing type across Michigan. The Jazwinski family Centennial Farm continues to boldly carry on its farming operations that started back in 1930, when the Andrews Family moved into the family farm home. Blueberries had been the Andrews specialty since Dorothy Andrews, a true farm girl at heart, planted the first four blueberry bushes in the early 1930's, garnering their very first harvest. Eventually, she and her husband Leonard were joined by their four children to manage the farm. The blueberry farm has been expanding ever since and most recently, making available the most sought-after varieties that taste great and are easy to pick in the Shelby area.
Katie and Bob Jazwinski, along with their children Jessie, Bobby, Sammi, and Johnny along with their yellow lab Sandy Rose are proud to carry on the legacy of the Andrews Family in providing premium quality blueberries for harvest – early, mid, and late season. We hope that our devotion to blueberry farming will carry on to the next generation with our children someday.
While life has certainly changed dramatically over the years, values such as old-fashioned hard work, honesty, and friendly service remain steadfast. We remain committed to bringing you the highest quality fruit at reasonable prices. Come on out this summer for a “down-on-the-farm” experience!
We’ve planted 200 more bushes! Welcome two new juicy hybrids of jerseys and big blues to our patch.
Our blueberry season kicks off with the large Patriot variety, an early season favorite known for its mild flavor and firmness as well as its size.
Mid-season varieties include the Weymouth, Giant Patriot, Stanley, and the late-season Coville's and are particularly customer favorite due to the luscious taste of these blueberries.
How To Order
Ready-picked blueberries are sold in five pound boxes and are available any day during the harvest season. To provide you the freshest possible fruit, please e-mail your order to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Katie & Bob at 734-649-6351. You will receive a confirming e-mail or phone call. Your order will be ready for pick-up at our home 7223 W. Grant Rd. Shelby, MI 49455. Cash or checks made payable to Jazz Running or to Bob Jazwinski are gratefully accepted.
A few things to keep in mind:
CHECK OUT OUR U-PICK FLOWER SECTION OF THE WEBSITE FOR DETAILS ON FLOWERS
Please contact us with questions! We will have answers.
We love our customers, so feel free to visit during normal business hours. We are open EVERYDAY EXCEPT MONDAYS & TUESDAYS in July through September. Please visit us or call us 734-649-6351.
7223 W. Grant Rd.
Shelby, MI 49455
We also have our farm stand out front with more info!
7223 West Grant Road, Shelby, Michigan 49455, United States
WELCOME TO JAZZ BLUEBERRY FARM!
We are so excited to be continuing the family-owned tradition “Jazz Blueberries” formerly “Andrews Blueberries”!
We hope you can come up and join us in our neck of the woods to blueberry pick on our farm this summer!
Please take a moment to LIKE & SHARE OUR NEW PAGE!
After 50+ years of blueberry production in Oceana County, Bob & Katie Jazwinski have taken ownership of the property and are operating the patch as Jazz U-Pick/We-Pick Blueberries. Please "Like" their Facebook page for information and announcements about the 2020 blueberry season: https://www.facebook.com/jazzblueberries/
The Andrews family is grateful to those who came year after year to pick berries and wishes the Jazwinski family all the success as they carry on the tradition of providing quality blueberries for you to enjoy.
Katie & Bob Jazwinski and their four children Jessie, Bobby, Sammi and Johnny will now be carrying on the amazing tradition! A little history about the Jazz’s: Katie & Bob grew up on the westside of Grand Rapids. Both played many sports but went on to compete in college in both track and cross country. Bob ran for Western Michigan University and held 2 American Records when he was 13 and 15 years old. Katie ran for the University of Michigan and was a 5 time All-America and also was the Female Athlete of the Year and Big Ten Athlete of the Year. They had both been teaching and coaching in Dexter, MI when on March 15, 2012, they tragically lost their their home to an F3 tornado. This was devastating in multitude. Although Katie, Bob, Jessie then 4, Bobby then 2 and Sammi (Katie was 12 weeks pregnant) were physically unharmed they lost everything including every flower, every tree. They decided to start over and move back to the Westside of the state to be closer to family. It had been a lifelong dream of Katie and Bob’s when they first got married to retire on a farm.
It has been a blessing to raise the kids on the farm where they have been able to start over.
Our farm offers both U-Pick $1.75/Lb and We-Pick $4.00/Lb Blueberries from our local farm in Shelby, MI.
We will also be selling strawberries & raspberries this season however we have a lower volume of these berries compared to our blueberries!
CHECK OUT OUR U-PICK FLOWER SECTION on the website. We are also venturing into pick-your-own flowers featuring sunflowers, gladiolus, zinnias, marigolds, snapdragons and many other wildflower types. Ask us about our seasonal vegetables and pumpkins!
Along with this, we will keep the amazing traditions of the Andrews family except that the new name is Jazz Blueberries!
Come and join us this summer. We will be opening in early July through September EVERYDAY 9-6 except MONDAYS & TUESDAYS. Yes, we are open on Sundays 12-6.
Sign up to hear from us about specials, sales, events and our farming services
COME OUT TO U-PICK!!!!
FALL HOURS Thurs, Fri, Sat 9-6 & Sundays 12-6
We also sell Stony Lake Soapworks, local maple blueberry blossom honey, local peaches corn and merchanise!
Hope to see you at our family-friendly farm.